Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Week 30 - Conferences

 Hey Everyone, hope you all had a great week and Conference weekend. Things are good here in the San Diego Mission.

1. Zone + General Conferences
2. Bahr Family
3. Spiritual thought: Helaman 12

1. We had Zone Conference and General Conference this week! Both were awesome. I don't remember how much of last Zone Conference I told you guys about, but this one was just as good. The past 2 have really answered a lot of my questions and issues I've been dealing with. We've struggled in being productive in a slow area (and my companions not really hard working), but the trainings were on planning and finding and they gave a lot of great information and tips. It was pretty hard so the trainings really felt like an answer to prayers. We're still going a little slow, but we're getting better. And then General Conference was awesome, we watched all the sessions at the church. I wish I had more questions, because I really didn't know what to go into Conference with. I just tried to be very open. But the main things I did want was 1. Find ways to grow my love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and 2. Grow my testimony of President Nelson being a prophet. I really liked President Nelson's talk and I'm going to try and work on the 5 things he suggested to Maintain spiritual momentum. 

2. Just this past Sunday we also had a visit with the family called the Bahrs. We went over for some dinner, and we were talking to the dad while he was cooking some burgers. We were talking about very standard stuff like where we're from, how long we've been out, etc. Then when he asked about family, I told him I was the 4th of 12. He gave me a weird look and then said "We're related". Apparently during our whole talk he was making connections because he recognized the last name Wride. And we're second cousins (I think). My mom and the Dad are cousins so that's the connection. But it was really cool, they knew a decent amount of my family on my moms side.

3. For today's Spiritual thought I wanted to share from Helaman 11-12 where I read this week. In Helaman 11 the people go through one of their cycles where they become wicked, the Lord chastens them, and then they remember God and repent. It actually happens like a ton I feel like even as you get later on. Right now I'm in 3 Nephi 5 and just the last couple chapters it happens then too. But I really liked Helaman 12 first verses, especially 2+3

"2 Yea, and we may see at the very time when he doth prosper his people, yea, in the increase of their fields, their flocks and their herds, and in gold, and in silver, and in all manner of precious things of every kind and art; sparing their lives, and delivering them out of the hands of their enemies; softening the hearts of their enemies that they should not declare wars against them; yea, and in fine, doing all things for the welfare and happiness of his people; yea, then is the time that they do harden their hearts, and do forget the Lord their God, and do trample under their feet the Holy One—yea, and this because of their ease, and their exceedingly great prosperity.

3 And thus we see that except the Lord doth chasten his people with many afflictions, yea, except he doth visit them with death and with terror, and with famine and with all manner of pestilence, they will not remember him."

I have just been thinking about this during the week. Where's the honor in only remembering God when you are in trouble or need something? I feel like I've met a lot of members and missionaries that aren't necessarily like these verses, but they still feel passive about their testimony. And I don't like that. I want to be a kind of member that lives as a Disciple of Christ with all their heart, might, mind and strength. It just makes me upset especially with people that have served missions, gone through the temple, etc. I don't know. The Gospel is so large and important, it's like cmon. I feel like even if you don't feel the Spiritual awe that Elder Soares was talking about (My favorite talk), I have found that for me, doing those things like Scripture study, and praying will help bring that spirit if you didn't feel it when you started. And you may not feel it at all times anyway. But then you just have to remember those times and remain loyal and diligent. Anyway, I just wanted to get thag out

I love you all! Hope you had a great conference. Do your best to re listen to those talks, I think they should be side by side with the scriptures. Have a good week. 

- Elder Wride


Pics:
1. Study desk. I got a big mushroom power up from Mario bros as an addition to the set.
2. Dwayne the Roctopus Johnson. A member 3D printed that and randomly gave us one.
3+4. Zone Conference

5. General Conference set up


6+7. Bahr Family

8. Meme



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...