Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Week 27 - Goodbye College

Howdy there. Not a whole lot happened this week, but here it is

1. Transfers
2. Vanessa
3. Goodbye College

1. We have transfers today, and my new area is Otay Lakes closer to Chula Vista. I've heard really good things about the area, it's like one of the most successful areas. In the past 43 hours that I've known about transfers, I've heard it called the Promised Land, Bountiful, etc. Right now we have a family on date for Baptism. My new companion is Elder Pedlow, who is the 3rd Missionary I'll be sending home. That's half of my companions over the course of 6 months. But, I'm doing good. I'm not trunky. In the past few hours I've been in Otay, I have learned that it is very nice. Nothing like City Heights in San Diego. The streets are clean, there isn't an aroma of weed, and it's not overcrowded. There were some like fields of grass by the highway and that was nice to see. 

2. We had 2 really good lessons with a lady named Vanessa this week and her mom and son. It's just so awesome to find those people that are ready for the Gospel, and to see them learn things like the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation. It's all just been clicking for her, she's come to church, and just hit the ground running. I wish I could see the rest of her progress, but we'll keep in touch.

3. It has been a good past 18 weeks in College, and I have learned a lot there, spending the majority of my mission there. I just feel good leaving the area satisfied that I worked hard for it and helped the people, members, etc. It's just that I left my first area, Lake Poway Ward, realizing I didn't really leave much behind. I was so sure that I was going to stay there for another transfer, that when I learned I would be leaving, I realized I didn't do much for the area. Yes, the work was slow there and I was a greenie, but I could've done more over those 6 weeks. So when I went to College in November, I was pretty determined to make a difference there, and I can confidently say that I did. It's very satisfying. It's just important to me that I serve an honorable and satisfying mission. So I would encourage you all to make the most of what you have and where you are. It won't last forever, so do the best you can with it, and involve the Lord, because He will help you. 

But I think that's it. I'm doing pretty good, just keep on keeping on
Love you all!

- Elder Wride

1. Weed Whacking
2. My Last Cali Burrito from Papas Fritas
3. This is what's known as the Elder Wride building
4. Last P-day eve

 A few pictures from Hyrum's phone call today - Peter and Natalie playing with the phone filter.

Nice Natalie - 
Joseph and Wes were able to talk too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...