Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Week 29 - Swap Meet

Hey Everyone! Hope you all are doing fantastic. This week was alright, still feels slow even though we had more going on. But I'm gonna make this one shorter.

1. Swap Meet
2. Our people
3. Spiritual thought

1. So we went to this thing called a Swap Meet this week. Basically there's a lot of people there and you can get random cool stuff for cheap. It was pretty cool. Totally felt like I was in another country. I'd guess at least 60% of the people there were Hispanic and spoke Spanish or another language. And the tents, random cars driving through the crowd, etc. San Diego is America, but there are definitely places where it feels like you just go through a portal to another country or something. While we were there we also got bashed by some guy in a wheelchair. He didn't say anything new, saying stuff like you can't earn your way into heaven, and there's only one God, we can't become like God, etc. So that was fun. My first English bash in person. After he was done we were just like ok cool and left, but it was pretty wild. I also got a pair of sunglasses for driving. I am allowed to drive without my glasses on, but I couldn't see as well with just the sunglasses so I probably will only wear them to look cool.

2. We have a family of 3 on date and our goal is to get them Baptized April 23. The Mom hasn't been coming to church because she works night shifts and doesn't get off till 7 am. But, she plans to attend the other ward here which starts at 12:30 and hopefully will make church more important to her because it's not a priority for her. Something else exciting is that Vanessa from my last area is on date for Baptism on April 16th. Really exciting, Elder Tillman has been doing a good job. There are still some things they need to go over, and my biggest concern is that she won't like the idea of the Priesthood being given to Men only. She said when she was a kid she gave her Dad a blessing by the laying on of hands and spoke in tongues... So hopefully that's not a huge obstacle.

3. Something I have been thinking about recently is the Spirit. I feel like a lot of times we do things that detract from the Spirit and make it less strong in us. For example Movies, Video Games, our language and actions, etc. Because we are imperfect and a fallen people, a lot of these things can sometimes seem more appealing than things like reading the scriptures, going to the Temple, etc. Can you imagine how much more strongly we will be able to have the Spirit with us when we do become perfect? It baffles me how much we deny ourselves being able to receive the Spirit and keep it with us. My opinion is that this is a large reason why we have the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I think we are undeserving of having the Spirit with us sometimes, but the Lord has given us this gift that we can have with us as long as we are keeping His commandments. Take that as you will, but that was just a cool thought I had this week.

Anyway, hope you all had a good week and I would love to hear from any of you so send me an email if you'd like. I'll try to respond. Love you!

- Elder Wride

1. I cut my hair badly in my opinion. I'm glad if you think it looks fine 

2. The Swap meet. I wish I captured all of it better.
3. Meme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...