Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Week 33 - "I Will Kill You"

Hey People, how's a going? 

1. Transfers
2. "I Will Kill You"
3. The Work

1. I'm actually so excited for this transfer. I'm staying in Otay Lakes and my new companion is Elder Hatch. I heard good things about him and the day has been great so far. I'm also going to be District leading this transfer which I have been prepared for from all of my months of service as a District Monkey. I know a good amount of missionaries in the District and it's going to be awesome. We dropped off Elder Pedlow at the airport this morning

2. In order to understand this point I am going to provide a little context. So basically there's a member in our ward that from day 1, Elder Pedlow has made it clear that he really hates. But she's a very Missionary work involved member, so we work with her sometimes. And every week we have a Family Home Evening with a couple families and the 2 kids we have on date. We normally just go there to share a spiritual thought, but they also have a game after. They used to stay for the game too, but every week this transfer Elder Pedlow has said we have to go because the Member is in charge of the game, and he doesn't want to be there. So this past week, she asked us if we could do a kahoot thing for FHE because she needed help setting up. We didn't know much about it and didn't know if we could because of phone restrictions. So we get there and she starts trying to set it up on the TV. I thought we could try and help because she didn't really know how to do it. I was about to ask if she needed help, but when I got about 2 words out, I heard Elder Pedlow say "Don't. I will kill you". Now, generally when someone says that, it's not supposed to be taken seriously. But the way he said it, combined with the fact that he seems to have anger issues sometimes, made me not feel safe. It didn't seem like he could be joking because we haven't really ever become friends or joked around. I wanted to help the member, but not that badly. She figured it out pretty quick, but we didn't stay for the whole game. Actually I just remembered that for the game, it was an lds kahoot game that one of the members had made. I think it only had 10 questions which I honestly don't remember. But the last question on the kahoot was "Did Jesus have a wife?" and the options were yes or no. We were like uhhhh, but we knew which one it probably was. The families there and kids were debating as the countdown was going. Keep in mind we had our 2 kids on date there (11+12), their non-member friend, and another non-member mom and her kids, along with a bunch of other members. The answer came up as yes. Elder Pedlow and I decided to then leave in a smoke grenade fashion. 

3. The work is going well. Our friends Brenda and Evert came to church again for both hours this time which was awesome. Partly because that made them miss their other church they like to attend. We also extended a soft invitation to be baptized but I don't think they're ready. Their biggest problem I think is going to be retaining information. They want to be baptized which is good. I just want them to be ready. Our family on date, Linda and her two kids are going ehh. Lindas ghosting us again and will have to either be taken off date or get it pushed back. But we hope to keep the kids on date for May 14th. We will just need Lindas permission because they are minors.

I also just realized that today 1 year ago is when I submitted my mission call to my Stake President which I think is cool. I also may have dented 
the car at transfers today. I was pulling into a spot and hit one of the other mission cars.... We're still driving it right now because it's drivable and the vehicle coordinator said he's busy and could deal with it later.

But remember that I love you all!
- Elder Wride

Pictures: 
1. The car this morning
2+3. Our district. I didn't advocate for Pedlows costume, but whatever. I also assume he won't care if I include it in the email because he wore it in public.

4. Caught sleeping
5. Meme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...