Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Week 56 - Conference + Tracting

Hey Everyone! Hope you had a great conference weekend and that the rest of your week went well. It's already October which is wild.

Our week was pretty good. Pretty fast but here are some highlights:

- General Conference is literally a holiday as a Missionary it feels. We go over to member houses if we can, they'll typically have food there and it's just a good time. We'll still get some work done between sessions so it's not a complete break, but a lot of the day is taken up. Especially on Saturday. But I really enjoyed conference. I need to review all my notes because I haven't done that yet. But I remember how good I felt listening to the talks! It's so awesome. 
- Been doing more Tracting and its been good. I like the approach we use where we'll ask them if they can help us with a survey about God and family. We'll ask a bunch of questions like "Do you believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God?" "Would you like to be happier than you are now? What would make you happier?", and a bunch of other ones. I think.my favorite is "If there was another book of scripture written by ancient prophets that testifies of Christ, would you read it?". The questions almost always spark a good discussion and it's super easy to transition to the Restoration. Good stuff. We haven't found anyone new this week though. 
- Getting used to Contacts. I like them pretty well. It's made me realize how big my eyes become when I wear glasses. 
- The works going ok. We haven't met with a lot of our friends this week for various reasons. Still hard sometimes when you feel like people aren't progressing, but it's on the Lord's timing. We've been able to coordinate a lot of inactive work with the ward and I think that's been really good for building member trust. Our champion is one member, Brother Lochridge. He's coming to church pretty consistently now and is getting in the Spirit of it. He said back when he did construction, he was the super dependable guy who would get up every morning and show up at 5 AM or so, and that there's no reason he can't come to church at 9 am, for 1 hour, once a week. We've been going over the missionary discussions and he remembers a ton! He's super excited to get into the Saints books and learn more about church history. 

Our week has been well. I'm betting this is my last week in Lakeside because we have transfers next Tuesday. I'll keep you posted next week. Have a good one guys! Love each if you :)

- Elder Wride

Pictures:
- Tracting 
- Picture in front of the church



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...