Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Week 49 - 19 Years

Happy Tuesday everyone. I hope you're all having a great day

1. Zone Conference 
2. The Work in Lakeside 
3. 19 Years Old
4. Exchanges

1. Zone Conference was really good last Wednesday. I have a string testimony of Zone Conference and our mission leaders being able to receive revelation on what to help the mission with because it feels like it hits the nail on the head everytime. This Zone Conference I won't go into everything, but the main point I liked was when we had a training which was called "But if not". They shared Daniel 3 where King Nebuchadnezzar is going to cast Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego into the fire. In verse 15 He says :"But if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up." So the key thing there was Where they say "But if Not" and I thought it was super cool. We have faith in God, not in our expected or wanted outcomes. And while we need to have the faith for Christ do perform miracles and things in our lives, we also need to have faith for those things not to happen and trust in God's will. I won't go too much further but I recommend this talk by Elder Bednar which we also read in preparation for Zone Conference:


2. The work is going ok in Lakeside. We have dropped about 15 people this transfer which has been discouraging (4 households: Family of 8, 3, 3, and 1). 1 household was no longer nterested, 2 we haven't been able to contact after many phone calls and visits to their house, and the last family of 3 we probably should've dropped a long time ago. We'll still probably meet them soon because they're an inactive part member family and we're trying to work with the member dad. But the rest of the family isn't interested which makes it hard. It's sad because we have 3 of the people we're teaching could be put on date, but 2 of them right now have been ghosting us too and may get dropped if it continues much longer. But, we had a cool experience with Sister Barry (The lady who's been taught for many many years). Her main problem is she basically believes all religions point to God and so there doesn't need to be one I guess. But she comes to church every week and really enjoys the church. I felt prompted to ask her what she was currently thinking and feeling about Baptism and she said it's actually been on her mind a lot recently. She thinks she could be baptized and keep the covenant, but she doesn't see herself progressing towards the Temple. She doesn't have a goal to, and has been pondering about if she's ok with being a member that doesn't progress that much in the church. Shes going to give it more thought and prayer but I think this is good for her. We'll see how it unfolds. 

3. I turned 19 this week as well. I still feel like I shouldn't be, because I feel like a child. But then again, I also know adults who are just children trapped inside adults bodies. I think 20 years old will hit harder for me. But it was a good birthday. Pretty average day for me but I felt loved from all the messages I got, and things like that. I also got gifted many cookies that day, and had a California Burrito. But yeah, I guess I don't have much to say regarding my birthday. Nothing super unusual happened, just an average working day. 

4. Exchanges were good this week. I went to Alpine which is another city next to Lakeside. But this area covers like halfway to Imperial Valley which is pretty good. We drove around their area doing visits and probably sat in the car for about 2 hours driving. It was honestly kind of nice just because I think driving is good for clearing the mind. It put me in a good and relaxed mood, but because of that I felt pretty knocked me out for the rest of the day. But I think I needed it just because I've felt pretty frazzled training and just doing normal and busy Missionary work for so long. Unlike a few weeks ago I don't have an exchange story. 

Love you all and thanks for reading. 

- Elder Wride

Pictures:
- Zone Conference pics
- I made a custom Birthday Burrito. Thanks for the candles grandma. I tried to light them but I kept burning my finger with the tiny lighter we had. Couldn't figure it out I guess. It was the cigarette lighter kind.
- Members house smores






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...