Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Week 51 - Long Suffering

Hello dear friends and loved ones. It has been yet another week

1. Long Suffering
2. Prayer lesson
3. Update on the Work

1. Transfer News for today! I am staying in Lakeside for Elder Johnsons second week of training, but I'm also District leading. I shared last week that I kinds was hoping to be transferred just because training is hard and I didn't want to do it anymore. The main thing that's hard is that I feel like Elder Johnsons not grasping a lot of things. He still doesn't really know what to do for planning our day, lessons, or anything else really. I'll talk to him to get his opinions or thoughts on anything so we can be more united, but I feel like I'm doing it all on my own. I've told him how I feel as well but it hasn't been helping. Were getting better, but he's still more closed off. I would say if this last transfer had a theme it would be long suffering. I've learned a lot about Gods long suffering, and how I need to be long suffering with myself as well. One of the biggest things was Brad Wilcoxs talk "His Grace is Sufficient". Very good talk. But, as we were nearing the end of this transfer I was hoping for a little break, but I'm still training. I am also now District leading again which was hard for me as well a few transfers ago. I thought that was kind of funny. I'm doing good though. While I'm not going to get what I wanted, I trust that it's what's best and it will all be great I'm sure. 

2. A big highlight of this week was a lesson we had with a member family. It's a single mom and her kids. When we got to the lesson the mood was kinda low. They had a court case that day and it didn't go well. Something with their dad. They talked about it for a while and kinda let it out but the attitude was anger and frustration. We went into the lesson planning to have it Missionary work focused, but I felt like we should teach prayer instead. I have this object lesson I like to do with a tie. We did the lesson and read Alma 37:36-37. The mom really was touched by the verses and had a lot to share. She had a realization moment where she said that she and her daughters had been praying that the court case would go well, and that they would be able to trust in God's will. But she said it was so rude of them to pray to ask God's will, for him to show his will, and then they begin to try consulting against what he has planned for them. She cried and it was a sweet moment for me. She said the lesson was exactly what they needed, and it felt so good to be a part of that. I wish those spiritual lessons were more often because they're so fulfilling. 

3. Here's an update on some things. Our Friends are depleting, but our inactive members are doing better! We had one come to church for the first time on Sunday which made me so happy.
- Daphne Barry is doing ok. We reviewed the Baptismal interview questions and it became more apparent that she really needs to read the Book of Mormon and strengthen her testimony of the Restoration. That's a pretty important thing haha. But she just hasn't been reading. She's been residing a lot of fantasy books, but not the scriptures
- Our other few friends are basically in their same spots. Some are still sick with long term health conditions, others are very hard to reach. My boy William was just out of town but he's doing great at reading. Hopefully we'll meet soon.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope you know I love you all

- Elder Wride

Pictures:
- Doing some Member calls at Lindo Lake


- My Mom sent me a Star Wars Lego set. She knows me well. Best present ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...