Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Week 24 - Money Family

Hello all, hope everything is well. This week has been good. They're going by so fast right now, this transfer is halfway over already.

1. Zone Conference
2. Money Family
3. Balboa Park
4. Adams Ave

1. We had Zone Conference this week which was really good. It was really cool that it answered all of my questions or major things I've been struggling with. The different presentationts went all over the place from Prayer and the Spirit, Preach My Gospel, working with members, etc. Also, we don't have to wear masks anymore! It's still advised, but not required if you're vaccinated. I just don't like wearing masks while street contacting. 

2. We met a cool Family this week. They're the Mwenyemali's, a family of 9 that are refugees from Africa. They're super cool and were meeting with Missionaries before covid, but they haven't been taught since. We went over and played a board game on the Plan of Salvation and it went really well. The kids were having fun and it was good. But their last name Mwenyemali actually means Money which is kinda cool.

3. It's kind of stupid how many things don't end up happening in this area. People coming to church, lessons, etc. One lady this week said she was coming to church and we confirmed with her the morning of, but then she didn't come. After she asked if we could meet in Balboa Park which is pretty close to the Zoo but out of our area. And it was packed. We got there an hour before we found her because of parking and traffic. It was terrible. But, we met her and it was a good visit. The point is, I do not want to live in San Diego. The weather is nice, but it's not worth how expensive it is to live here, and the amount of people. In my opinion.

4. We've been street contacting a different street for this week and it hasn't been fun. It's in a part of our area called Kensington, and there's this street Adams Ave which has a lot of people. But it's a more wealthy area and the people are not open at all to talking with us. We've been street contacting there a couple times but we'll probably go back to University and do both or something.

I don't know, something feels wrong with my weeklys. For the past couple weeks I haven't been able to figure out what to write about because the weeks and the days mesh together. I also can't think in movie or videogame analogies anymore. I guess it's just an effect from the Mission. But I love you all and hope you have a great week!

- Elder Wride

1-3. Zone Conference Pics


4. Me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...