Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Week 22 - Still Here

Hello. This email may be pretty short because I don't really know what to say. I'm doing good, business is usual. 

Being in this area for the past 12 weeks, I think I kind of forgot how wild of a place this is. So, since Elder Hayes went home last week I have a new companion who has a fresh set of eyes eyes the area. And he's like freaking out how weird this area is. This area is pretty weird but Elder Hayes and I adjusted together to it. He compares it to this videogame called GTA. I don't know a lot about it, but from what he's explained it sounds an awful lot like this area. There does sound like there's a lot of bad stuff in that game so I don't recommend it. Unless it would be cool if you could play as a Missionary in that game and share the Gospel with people while trying not get killed by homeless people. It's just so funny to hear him mutter under his breath saying "This is unreal". We'll see like homeless people doing drugs, we saw an old lady riding a pink motorbike, and people J walking in wheel chairs or with walkers. I feel like I'm not explaining it super well, you just have to be here. The funniest thing to me is when we were at an auto shop getting an oil change when this guy in a blue audi pulls up. He walks out and he's wearing like a blue and white, matching jacket and sweats or something. And Elder Tillmans like "Oh my gosh, this is literally GTA. Just give that guy a gamertag". I died. I don't think it sounds funny to you, but it was. 

 It is fun to walk down the street and talk to people. One inside joke was while we were crossing the street like 3 black dudes are walking across the street from the opposite end, and one guy is playing music with his speaker or something. Anyway, the leader I guess you could say, as he's walking by says with an accent, "A see ya'll doin yor thang". I don't know why but that's just so funny to us, I'm not sure how it sounds to you all.

So yeah, I have no motivation to write anymore so I'm going to stop here. Have a good week though

- Elder Wride

1. Us at the church 
2. Dropping Elder Hayes at the airport. This was from last week bit I didn't have a picture yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...