Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Week 52 - 365 Days

I have officially been a Missionary for 1 year now. Sept 5 was when I got set apart and today would've been my first morning in the MTC. Wild stuff. 


I honestly don't have really anything to say this week. Some highlights could include:
- There was a fire on Wednesday between El Capitan High school and Highway 67. We live right next to the high school so that was fun. We weren't in our apartment at the time but we saw it from where we were. The school got evacuated and there was a helicopter going around and trying to put it out. The roads nearby were blocked off too. Don't really know much else about it. The school didn't burn down and there wasn't a ton of destruction. Just some shrubbery I think.
- It's been really hot this week. In the 100s. I feel like it hasn't been too terrible. I normally like the cold over the heat but I've adjusted to the warmth here a little. I still would prefer the cool, but I think the weather here is making me more of a wuss for when I return to Utah and Idaho winters.
- I also just got contacts today. Been trying to get them for a few P-days buy my eyes haven't been cooperating. But today they finally got used to having contacts put in and taken out. 
- My Spiritual thought is this scripture I came across that I really like. It's 2 Cor 4:15-17 "(15) For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. (16) For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. (17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;". I like this scripture because we go through a lot of afflictions in life. But in the span of eternity, our whole life is but for a moment. And if we endure it well, it works for us a far more weight of glory. The truth is we just need to hang on and cling to Christ, and all will be well.

I love you all very much. I didn't take any pictures this week but I'll be better. Here's to year 2!

- Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...