Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Week 74 - Ups and Downs

Hello All!

This week has been up and down, but overall good.

received_744708337265314.jpeg
(Me, Gudino, and Roberts)

On Wednesday one of the La Costa Elders got sick. His companion was okay, and they had a full day of lessons so we decided to just go on exchanges. I went with Gudino for the first part of the day, and Elder Roberts for the second half. Being in the apartment for half of the day was not fun, but I was able to go to a lesson with their friend Bill! We had such a good lesson with him. It was basically a big Q+A. I wish you all could meet Bill because he is the sweetest and most wholesome 80+ year old man you will ever meet. He is on date to be baptized on the 11th. We've invited a lot of our friends and hope that they are able to make it.

received_574754854510734.jpeg

We also had stake conference this weekend and Elder Gordon Treadway from the seventy came to speak. I really liked his Saturday night message on remembering miracles. As part of his talk, which was the last of the night, he reminded us of the many many miracles that the previous speakers had shared. He also shared some of his experiences and it was a super spiritual time. I just really resonated with that because I feel like I constantly forget miracles or amazing experiences. I journal every day and hope to record all of it. But my favorite part of the night was after the session when the La Costa Elders took Bill up to introduce him to our Mission President. I didn't go with them, but I watched from the back of the chapel. After the good conference, and seeing Bill talk and laugh with President Merritt, my joy was full. I will never forget the moment, it was just like the movies. 

The church system has not updated all the new boundaries. For that reason, our areabook still shows the previous ward. But, since we're basically with La Costa, the APs tried to merge our areabooks with theirs on Thursday. Because of that, all of the records for our friends disappeared. It's rather unfortunate because we now don't have any members or non-members. The only things Elder Roberts and I can do on our own is tracting and social media work. Neither have been very fruitful in this area of rich California. The La Costa Elders help out a lot with lessons and dinners which is great.

received_742705100557149.jpeg
(Otter pops after a food bank service)

In other news, I hit 17 months as a missionary on the 5th. All the Sister Missionaries that came out with me are about to go home which is pretty wack. I'm getting closer, but I still have some time. We also have transfers next week, so hopefully I will be put into a ward. One thing I have gained from this experience is increased desire and excitement for when I have an actual ward and area again. 

Also, here are the pictures from Zone Conference that we finally got
i-XfSDCpz-X2.jpgi-WdRFMjV-X3.jpgi-G5hkPtw-X3.jpg

Love you all! Talk to you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...