Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Week 45 - It's Getting Hotter

Hey Everyone, how are things? I don't have too much new stuff for this week.

1. Transfer News
2. It's Getting Hot
3. Spiritual thought

1. First and foremost there's news about transfers! I am staying in Lakeside for a second transfer and I am training a new missionary! I have not met him yet. They are trying something different where we will be meeting and having dinner with President + Sister Merritt, the missionary leaders and the new missionaries. The new missionaries have been spending all day so far with President and Sister Merritt and they will decide tonight when I get to the Mission office on who goes where. So it will be interesting. I'm excited to train, but a little nervous just because I'm not totally sure how exactly I should be doing things with the new Elder. But I think we will do good.

2. August and September are the hot months out here. In East County San Diego it gets up past the 90s. When you hear about San Diego and good weather it's mostly for the areas closer to the coast. It's still pretty good out here, except for August and September. It's been hard to find people in public recently because there aren't as many people out and about because of the heat. For that reason we've been trying to do services in the mornings as well so that we're doing studies during those mid day hours when it's harder to work. We had a service this week which was good because we pulled weeds at this historic place in Lakeside and the lady we did it for put it on Facebook. It was a pretty humid morning. Not the most flattering picture to have out there but it's been good for getting us more involved in the community. The heat is also not good for the reason that Lakeside might be put on bikes soon. It's a normal sized area I'd say. Except we do have this big chunk of mountains but we never go there. But other than that it's normal sized, maybe a little smaller for the areas that we actually go into. However, Lakeside has a lot of hills and mountain areas. We have this segment of our area that's called Eucalyptus Hills. If we get put on bikes we might never be able to go there again unless we get a ride. So, it might happen. Not for a while though because they're still working on a system for the mission of keeping our miles under. Probably because of gas prices.

3. I wanted to share this scripture from District Council that I liked. It's John 6:66-69 

"66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou has the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou are that Christ, the Son of the living God."

Our DL talked about how the words that stook out to him were the words "Will ye also go away?" It was very sad. The amount of people in the world who are striving to follow Christ are very low. There are only some 16 Million members of the church worldwide out of 7.7 Billion. And I don't know how many people within that are active. In most of my areas only around 30% of members are active in San Diego. Although I don't know if 16 Million is for member records, or active members. The point is, Jesus loves and performed the Atonement for everyone. It is so sad to me how many people reject Him or do not follow Him when He loves us so much. It reminds me of Elder Holland"Feed my sheep" (Very good talk btw. Defining moment of my mission). I have a strong faith and hope that Christ does love us and that He needs us to be His disciples. The most heart-breaking thing would be for us to fall or turn away from that. 

I love you all. I hope you know that. By the end of this transfer it will almost be a year in for me which is weird to think about. I hope you're all enjoying summer and will have a good week.

- Elder Wride

Pictures:
1. Service this week. Again, probably one of the worst pictures of me that I originally wouldn't have shared on here, but it's already on the Internet. It was so hot and humid at this point that I didn't really care that she was taking a picture. I just wanted to go home and shower.
FB_IMG_1658275399101.jpg
2-4. Zone Conference
FB_IMG_1658238577023.jpg
FB_IMG_1657913297995.jpg
FB_IMG_1657913288486.jpg
5. Bench picture
received_5061301077326034.jpeg
6. Tender moment this week
Screenshot_20220714-221845_Area Book.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...