Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Week 42 - Goodbye President and Sister Giménez

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope everything is well. 

1. Last ZC with President and Sister Giménez
2. Tender Mercies
3. Spiritual thought

1. We had Zone Conference this week. President asked me to speak there which was cool. I just talked about teaching with power and authority from PMG. But it was President and Sister Gimenez last Zone Conference. I really will miss them. President Gimenez really taught me a lot. The most important thing I learned from him was about being a disciple of Christ. President Gimenez has a really strong testimony of the Savior that he shares with us all the time. His testimony and example helped me realize that that's what I want to be: A Man of Christ. They've really emphasized the importance of life-long discipleship to us, and have been really good examples of being followers of Christ. I will miss them but I look forward to what comes with President and Sister Merritt. They come in on Friday I believe

2. I've been thinking a lot about Tender Mercies recently. I've been really trying to see the Lord's hand in my life. I feel like good things happen, but I often would appreciate more divine manifestations or miracles if it is the Lord's will. So for a while I have been praying to have the eyes to see Tender Mercies and miracles in my life. Therefore, I will try to acknowledge everything as I'm looking out for them. And this week there was something I would consider a Tender mercy. On Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat. It kinda sucked and hurt but I was like oh well, I'm fine. I was a little more tired and achy than usual but nothing to excuse not going about a regular day. However my energy slowly drained throughout the day and around 4pm I was not doing well. I had a sore throat, but the aches, especially my headache were not super bien. We had lessons and I was pretty determined to complete the day. It was a rather miserable rest of the day but I did it pathetically strong. After dinner I just laid down for like an hour and tried to write in my journal. But I couldn't lay down well and was feeling a little nauseous too. I was pretty certain I wouldn't be working the next day. Which I was also upset about because I wouldn't have much I could do the whole day except study and find on facebook I guess. We also had a lot of important lessons the next day. I prayed that I would be able to get better and work tomorrow and ended up going to bed at 9:30. The next morning I felt great! The headache was gone completely, and I felt probably the most rested that I ever have.  It was like birds were singing and the heavens were open. I was super grateful and I consider it a lovely little tender mercy.

3. I had a thought today, so I'll include my other Sacrament talk later. Something I think a lot about is how crazy it is to me that there are so few members of the Church. In my mind it makes more sense that there should be a ton of members because the church is so true. The church's worldwide membership is pretty small compared to the rest of the world. But even of those members, most of my ward here have been around 60% or so inactive. This thought used to bother me for a long time up until a few months ago. During a Stake Conference the Stake President was talking about our inactive members and people who weren't there that night. And while he was talking I had the realization that there isn't anything else better that the world is offering. It would seem that since there is a vast majority of people who aren't involved in the church, there should be something better that everyone else is doing, that we're missing out on. But that is definitely not the case. It is very easy to see what other people are doing and it's pretty clear to me that that's not where lasting peace is. But because there are so many people out there who aren't involved, it just really makes me wish I could help them realize how important the Gospel is. This week we were talking to people at a park and no one was interested. I thought a lot about Alma 29 and read the chapter afterwards. I wish I could just make people wake up and see the Book of Mormon and Christ as they really are. So many people have a wrong idea of things. So I hope you are all following the call to share the Gospel, there was a great devo this week on it. It's cool to think about with all this stuff going on with the world and Ukraine, that the second coming is not yet. The Prophets and Apostles are still being guided by Christ. And with their foresight, they are telling us to continue sharing the gospel and continue sending out missionaries. 

I think that's all for this week. Quick shout out to the other Elder Wride who gets home tomorrow from the Dominican Republic tomorrow! Other than that I love you all very much and will see you later

Pictures:
1. There were a lot of pigeons in this tree. I was trying to scare them so they would fly around for a cool picture
received_368908902011480.jpeg
2. I know it doesn't look cool. This was later when the birds were flying. I was trying to capture this big flock of birds flying more behind which would have looked cool. Buy I'm sharing it anyway
received_5448331571899720.jpeg
3-4. Zone Conference pics
FB_IMG_1655952786204.jpg
FB_IMG_1655952719474.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...