Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Week 99 - "Till the Purposes of God Shall Be Accomplished"

Hello my dear friends

First off, here are some pictures from the Padres game last week. As I said, it was fun to have the whole mission there. Maybe it was around 200 missionaries including the senior couples. It was good. Had a couple of conversations mostly with drunk people.

20230725_185311.jpg 20230725_184600.jpg 20230725_204539.jpg

This week hasn't been too eventful. We had a hard time keeping our lessons and meeting new people. I guess it was just a little bit more dry this week. Our friend Amy also couldn't meet this week, because Patsy (her aunt) went into the hospital. We hope to meet soon. She is such an elect lady!

One other cool guy that we met this week is named Jim. We met him at the park and talked to him a bit. I think he is from Africa and he's YSA, but he said he is always looking for the truth so we shared the Book of Mormon, and read the Introduction with him. We will see him again on Thursday and then probably pass him off to the YSA. Elder Allen said he's passed off 5 people to the YSA since we've been here. They have yet to return the favor but that is ok. It is all one work!

On Friday we had the Departing temple trip for missionaries. Most of these Elders go home on Friday, but I still got around 3 more weeks. It was a nice time at the Temple, and it was good to be there with President and Sister Merritt. The temple closed just yesterday for renovations that will probably go for sometime. We don't know when it will be reopened, but I am envious of the missionaries that will be in San Diego when it has an open house. I hope they also put a visitor center in with the renovations. We also have our departing lunch with President and Sister Merritt next Thursday.

img_3_1690863739688.jpg img_1_1690863506969.jpg

Not much other than that. Pray for our friends and their growth. We are working hard and doing our best and will continue until "the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done". It is hard to believe it is already August. Only 24 days left! I will sprint through the finish. 

We have transfers coming up on Friday and with the temple closing, P-day will be changed to Monday starting next week just so you know. 

Thanks for reading! Have a good week.

- Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...