Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Week 91 - Windy and Less Eventfull Week

 Hello Everyone 


I don't have much to say for this week. It hasn't been a very eventful one. The main highlight would probably be that we were able to bring a member to our lesson with Yolanda! They both got along well and it was really cool to see their relationship start. Yolanda said she couldn't come to church this past week, but she'll for sure come next Sunday. She doesn't like making promises because she's afraid of breaking them, and she's never promised to come to church. We have high hopes for her.

Our other friends have kinda been in the same state. We haven't been able to meet with some of them for reasons unknown. 

We've been doing a lot of member work this week. We've gotten to know more of them by having lessons with them which had been good. We also have begun going through some ward lists given by our Elders Quorum President. We have a lot of members that are inactive, and we have a lot of information in our areabooks about if people have moved, if their phone numbers work, if they're open to visits or not, etc.

The weather's still moderate for this area: 90-100 degrees. Actually, this week it's been a little cooler in the 80s because it's been a windy week. We're working, and trying to find, teach and baptize. Some days it feels like we're just enduring. It can be hard to work with Elder Creasy, not because I don't love him or get along with him, but because we've been out the same amount of time. We do our best not to let the trunkiness get the better of us, but some days, it's a real battle. We always just have to say "Nevertheless" and gird up our loins.





I wanted to share a quick scripture for my spiritual thought. Nephi 28:10
"And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy; and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father; yea, your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fulness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am, and I am even as the Father; and the Father and I are one".

I came across this scripture in my personal study and I really liked it. I've been thinking about being in the pursuit of happiness. The most obvious standard we should strive for when it comes to joy and happiness is God's happiness! In this scripture Christ us talking to the 3 Nephites who desire to live on the earth, serving others and sharing the gospel, until Christ comes again. Right now, that's been roughly 2,000 years! But the message I think this scripture gives is that if we want happiness, we should look to how God is happy. And God experiences a fullness of joy in fulfilling His purpose, which is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man". Therefore, if we want to be happy, the best way is to engage in this cause. To love God, and to love those around us. 

Love you all

- Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...