Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Week 64 - Day of Finding

Not too much for this week. Things are going well.

We had Thanksgiving dinner this week with the Birchalls. They are awesome. Had a lot of family over so it felt like a holiday gathering, except that I didn't really know any of them. But it was still a good visit with good food. Thanksgiving is a great holiday.

The main highlight I would say was our finding day of gratitude. Everyday is a finding day, but this one was a little different. Throughout a regular day here, we'll have studies, meetings, lessons, services, and finding. However, this Saturday we just had finding from 9am-9pm without anything else except for lunch + dinner. I wasn't sure what we were going to do during that time because finding can be a little harder in this area. It was just going to be a longer day, and we wouldn't have personal study which made me sad. But, we prepared and went out to work. In the morning we walked around neighborhoods for a while to catch people out and about. After we met up with some other Elders to do some filming for a video where we would ask strangers questions about one of the questions of the soul. The one we did was is there life after death. So basically we would just film people saying what they thought about what happens after this life. It was pretty cool. It should come up on the facebook page at some point. Then we would also try to talk to them after about the church or whatever. Then we had lunch, went out and did a little bit more filming. I should also mention that we held this big fast on Friday that we would be able to find people on Saturday. I was still hopeful, but it has felt really hard to find people generally over my time as a missionary, and I had some doubts about if we would actually find some people. But we did! We met this lady Sam while Tracting and she is super elect! We invited her to church and a Christmas program we're having and hopefully she'll come to that. She wasn't able to make it to church this past Sunday but said she will the following. She also took a Restoration pamphlet and we hope to go by soon to teach the Restoration lesson. But then we also met a kid named Ian on the very next door so it was a back to back miracle. He took a Book of Mormon, said he knew some members of our ward and we set up a lesson for Monday! Unfortunately he didn't show up and we haven't heard from him since, but we'll drop by at some point. We finished the night with some calls, visits, and facebook work. It was a long and draining day, but also really fulfilling. It felt like our spirit of missionary work amplified and it felt really good.
received_5772635062798678.jpeg
received_8556423701096022.jpeg
That's pretty much it for this week. I also want to share a little lyric that I liked from a musical number performed in church this week. This  dad and his little daughter sang "In Christ Alone". It was super good and I really felt the spirit. One of the verses that hit the hardest was when they sang "Till Christ shall come, or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand". It's ao good song and you should listen to it.

Love you all!

- Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 102.5 - The End

My dear friends, I am writing to you from the comforts of my home, Sandy Utah. I am no longer Elder, but Brother Wride. I just landed in Uta...